Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Great Job - July 09 Edition

Greetings,

I know I shared stats and the impressive increases seen during the fiscal year. However, there are even more impressive increases to be seen when we compare this July to last July, which--as you will remember--was one of the busiest on record. Here are some sample stats:

Library Visitors: 81,501 - This works out to roughly 280 people every hour that we were open in July.

Circulation:
  • July 2008: 99,920
  • July 2009: 116,447
  • Increase of 17%
Reference Questions
  • July 2008: 17,152
  • July 2009: 19,748
  • Increase of 15%
Directional Questions
  • July 2008: 17,296
  • July 2009: 22,744
  • Increase of 31%
Computer Users
  • July 2008: 22,877
  • July 2009: 27,876
  • Increase of 22%
These numbers reflect an impressive increase that is only possible as the result of everyone's hard work. Quite impressive!

Thank you all for the hard work you do every day. Look for some upcoming staff parties to celebrate your hard work.

Mike VC

    2 comments:

    Katie said...

    Directional Questions
    July 2008: 22,744

    July 2009: 17,296
    Increase of 31%

    wouldnt that be a decrease? or is there a typo somewhere?

    Mike VC said...

    Sorry about that. I switched the two around. I have fixed it on the post.

    Thanks,
    Mike VC