Thursday, May 14, 2009

Apple Computers

Greetings again,

The pilot test of the Apple computers (desktops and laptops) is officially over today.  The folks from Apple came to remove the computers this morning.  As a part of this project, we need to get input from staff on the Apples:  How useful were they?  Did customers prefer them?  Was battery life better on the Apple laptops?  Did folks seem to opt for Windows or MacOS? and other questions.  

Please submit any observations--good or bad--to me so that we can share them with our IT department and assess the usefulness of having Apple computers at HPL.

Thanks,
mvc

3 comments:

Saima said...

Here are my observations:

most people opted for Windows OS;
laptop users preferred MacBook Pro simply because of its battery lasts longer;
I noticed a few people use Safari;
Mac OS's beauty lies mainly in its iLife suite - iPhoto, iTunes etc. These features were not available to our customers (at least I didn't think they were). These machines would be great for a media lab. PCs with perhaps more browser choices would work fine for our clientle.

Mike VC said...

I agree with the browser choices issue. I have grown addicted to Chrome. My experience has been that folks unfamiliar with the Internet find it easier to use.

mvc

cindy said...

My observation is that they were infrequently used, and those that did use them made no comments at all to me.