Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Six Months Out - Working Smarter

Greetings,

As we approach being open for six months, I am interested in a thorough revaluation of our operations. One thing that keeps coming up is the lack of time to complete off-desk duties or too much desk time. While we do have some vacancies in the process of being filled, I do not think it is a surprise that we will not be getting a windfall of staff anytime soon. So, I am forming a working group to examine with me what we can do to work smarter...if possible. Our challenge is to get done what needs to get done while providing excellent service with the staff that we have.

The first thing I would like for this effort is for every reference staff member to make a list of their off-desk duties and how much time per week is needed to work on each duty. I would include on this list any duties that need to be done and may not be getting done...or not getting done adequately and completely. I would ask that everyone try to complete this and e-mail it to me before next Wednesday (November 12, 2008).

I am confident we can work together and deliver exceptional service in the most efficient way possible.

Thanks,
mvc

No comments: