Friday, April 10, 2009

Mac Updates

Greetings,

At this time, the Macs on one and two are a part of the WLC and CORE and should follow the guidelines of the computers in that area. If this limits use of the Macs too severley, we can look at it again in a week or so.

The hour time limit is a suggestion that should apply when someone else is waiting. However, if no one is waiting and they are not being used, there is no reason whay someone cannot continute to use them. For this pilot test, we want the Macs to be used as much as possible. So, I would encourage staff to use their best judgment on this.

My assumption is that the Macs are filtered but I have not had this verified yet. I am waiting for a response on this.

I apologize for the late news/information on the Macs. They came sooner than expected and information is being shared as soon as received/discovered.

Thanks,
Mike VC

1 comment:

Somer said...

Based on information from a regular who has been using the Macs, I assume the Macs are filtered. He said Hulu had been blocked and he had complained and the next day it was unblocked. ~SN