Monday, February 16, 2009

R3 Staffing

Greetings,

The decision to move the backup staff person from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor was made as the result of numerous concerns and complaints from staff and customers alike about a lack of staff on the 3rd floor.  This person still should function as backup (e.g., if someone on 1 or 2 needs help they can contact this person to assist if available).   Further, if things are not busy, the two folks assigned to R3 can alternate watching the desk and shelving, straigthening and sorting periodicals, cleaning up abandoned materials, etc. 

I know we need a second computer on the third floor.  This is contingent on moving the reservation computer.  Donna Joy is aware of this need and committed to a fast solution.  I have proposed moving a table (or the blue desk) up against the cubicle wall that houses the reader/printers and putting the reserv. station there.  I am hoping this or some similar plan will be quickly implemented.

Thanks,
mvc  


No comments: