Friday, October 17, 2008

Courtesy Phone & Central Outstanding Issues

Greetings,

It is extremely apparent that the current location of the courtesy phone is a big problem for a variety of reasons. I would like to ask staff to consider possible places we can relocate the phone that is in an area that can be observed by staff and is less intrusive than the current location.

Also, I have updated (and will continue to update as more happens) the document to the right named Central Outstanding Issues. Please let me know if there is anything I need to add to that document that I should be tracking.

Thanks,
mvc

2 comments:

Central Communications Blog said...

Would it be possible to keep the courtesy phone in one of the unlocked supply drawers in R1? It would be available upon request, and when staff is away assisting other patrons phone use would be less likely to be abused.

Katie said...

Would it be possible to maybe put it over on the reservation station? (barring that there is a phone jack) It shouldn't be at the front desk, but it does need to be somewhere semi-public.

Otherwise I would suggest the nook (old phone nook) outside the mens restroom on the 1st floor by R1...or could we put it somewhere on the concourse level?

the phone needs to be OUT so that people can walk up and just use it...we dont want to have to tie staff to the desk to get the phone in/out for patrons.