Greetings,
Here is information from HMRC staff about a patron who has been banned from the building.
"We recently had a patron, Mr. Alex Zepeda, banned from the JIB entirely
for verbal assaults/sexual harassment to several staff members and
patrons. Yesterday one of our staff members who he had previously
harassed encountered him while outside the library on her lunch break.
He harassed her again and threatened to “wait outside” the library for
her. We filed another incident report with HPL security and also
notified the police, who took a report. The police officer instructed
that if he assaults/threatens/harasses again, we need to call the police
immediately."
In addition, Saima reports that he had followed her around JIB in the past. There have been four incident reports filed on this customer before.
I would ask that anyone who might be familiar with this customer provide a description of him in the comments so that others can be aware when/if they see him.
mvc
8 comments:
Is this a permament ban, or 90 day ban?
Alex Zepeda is about 5'5", skinny (probably 170lbs?) with short, dark hair. He used to wear a red baseball hat all the time, but the last couple of times I saw him, he wasn't wearing it.
The creepiest part about him is his eyes. I have dealt with him a handful of times in the past. While he never harrassed me (just annoyed me), there is something about him that makes me uneasy.
It would be nice to have a picture of this guy so we can be aware of him instead of being surprized by another incident.
Height: between 5'5" and 5'7"
Build: slight
Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic
Lately, I've seen him wearing reflective sunglasses and a ball cap. If one is a female, he is wont to stare/leer, loiter near staff areas, and make suggestive comments.
Because of his behavior, I promise that (assuming you haven't already encountered him) once you've seen him, you'll know exactly who he is.
A week ago, he came into D2 (sometime between 4:30 and 5:00 pm), and as soon as I recognized him, I went to fetch a security guard. He left, but he was slightly belligerent about being asked to leave.
At the end of the day (Friday, 02/22), I was told by Paty that if he comes in again, we are supposed to tell security to call the police.
I will verify w/ security but--given the behavior reported in the incident reports--this should definitely be an indefinite ban.
I have also been warned that this ban just covers JIB, not JJB when we reopen. Is that true?
Sarah, I will check on that and let everyone know.
I agree with Sarah and Katie's comments and description. He appears to have rosceacia (skin is kind of reddish). And yes - his eyes are totally creepy - they have a glassy/cataract look about them.
My first encounter was when I saw him leaning against the TR door, peeking in. When I approached him about it, he just kept walking towards me and came within inches of my face! Next I saw him following me around JIB 2nd floor.
He has a library card and when I was in D1 one time he requested a book for retrieval. His approach was quite aggressive. IMHO he is crazy and needs to be banned for life from HPL systemwide. I wouldn't be surprised if he violently assaulted one of us.
He came back this Saturday (3/1/08) prior to opening. He was peering in the windows and taunting the security guards.
Post a Comment